- Ensure you have a valid Tool Library membership by either signing up as a new member or renewing your existing membership.
- Please note that we are NOT able to provide tool reservations for individuals. If you would like to ensure an item is available before visiting the shop, please call (716-510-1745) ahead of time and our volunteers can set tools aside for a SAME DAY PICKUP
- If you are a community organization looking to reserve tools for an event, please fill out our Community Event Tool Reservation (Please provide us with at least 2 weeks notice)
- Only the Member is authorized to borrow tools under their account. Members must verify identity before borrowing tools. If you need someone else to pick-up tools for you, you MUST contact The Tool Library ahead of time to make the appropriate arrangements.
- We will maintain a waitlist for high-demand tools. We will call members as soon as an item becomes available and their name is the next on our list.
- Please clean and sanitize your tools before returning them to The Tool Library. Recommended ways to sanitize tools can be found on the CDC’s website.
- Items that are not cleaned before being returned are subject to a $5 cleaning fee.
- All items need to be returned in-person during our regular hours of operation.
- Please DO NOT leave tools outside The Tool Library outside our regular hours of operation
- If items are broken, need maintenance, or did not perform as expected, please let the volunteer/staff member on shift know what the issue was so that is can be addressed.
MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP & RENEWAL
We still encourage everyone to process their membership sign-ups and membership renewals remotely via our website and the myTurn platform, which can be done here. If you’ve forgotten your account password, you can reset it via the email you have on file with us.
If you do not have a smartphone or access to the internet, our volunteers can fill out an application for you in the shop.