It’s been many years in the making, but we’re excited to share with you that The Tool Library has found a new home and will be moving in June! We have come to know and love the University Heights and all the friends and neighbors we have met along the way. We’re glad that we won’t be moving far! Our new location is just about a mile down the road at 2626 Main Street, right next to the Vernon Triangle and Amherst Street Metro Station.
Our new location at 2626 Main Street checks off every major item on our wishlist and many of the wants and dreams we’ve heard from our members over the years. This includes:
- Doubling our available floor space to more than 2,500 sq./ft
- Space for in-house workshops and meetings
- A full basement for seasonal tool storage
- A dedicated on-site, off street parking lot
- Located directly adjacent to transit
- Our very own pocket park at the Vernon Triangle
Our small but mighty staff, board of directors, and incredible community of volunteers will be hard at work throughout the months of May and June to make this transition as smooth and seamless as possible while still delivering the services you have come to know and love.
Here are some important dates to know:
- Saturday, May 27th – Our last day open at 5 W. Northrup Place
- Wednesday, May 31st – Saturday, June 17th – The Tool Library will be closed to complete the move
- Wednesday, June 21st – Our first day open at 2626 Main Street
The Tool Library is so much more than just a space – it’s a community of doers, dreamers, and makers. We couldn’t have gotten here without all of y’all and we are SO excited by all the possibilities that await us in our new home.
Please stay tuned for additional details on next steps and how you can help.
In the meantime, you can sign up to help us on Sunday, May 28th for our BIG moving day!